The College of Education and Integrative Studies is a learning community focused on meeting the present and future needs of students in our communities. We educate students to become highly qualified and significant leaders in our society. We are committed to the principles of diversity, ethics and social justice, and life-long learning. Central to our mission are innovative and integrative thinking, reflective practice, collaborative action, and learning by doing.
College-Wide Scholarships (Current Operating and Endowed)
- Student success is at the core of Cal Poly Pomona. In order to support our outstanding students, financial assistance in the form of scholarships is critical in helping our students reach their educational goals. The College of Education and Integrative Studies provides instruction to students at all levels of higher education from bachelor's degrees, credentials, masters and the newly approved doctoral degree at Cal Poly Pomona.
Making an Impact through Research
- Great Leaders for Great Schools Institute
- School Robotics Initiative
The overarching goal of the institute is to make a positive impact on K-12 education in the context of national and local concerns regarding student achievement, closing the achievement gap, and the progress of English Language Learners and students with special needs. Cal Poly Pomona has partnered with neighboring school districts to develop a professional learning community aimed to give administrators practical skills and tools that they can fine-tune for implementation at their site.
The School Robotics Initiative (SRI) serves a critical need in public schools by building conceptual understanding of concepts in mathematics and physics through the use of robots. Elementary-school student are exposed to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. The SRI is a growing network of robotics classrooms - professional development training of teachers will enable the program, to grow to serve elementary through high school students and will function as a pipeline into college.
Sustained Support for Talented Faculty - Endowed Chairs
- Endowed Professorships
- Visiting International Scholar (Regularly scheduled opportunity)
- Education Leadership Guest Lecturer (Annual) <
a. Gender, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies
b. Early Child Education
c. Other curriculum areas of donor interest
Student Enrichment Programs (Endowed)
- A well-rounded student experience includes activities outside the classroom. The Student Enrichment programs provide our students unique opportunities including:
- Interdisciplinary General Education (IGE) - First hand appreciation of the arts community through throughout the curriculum by attending visual and performing arts events.
- International experiences for
a. Undergraduates - Experience cultures and languages outside the US to better understand the mosaic of California's population, linguistic challenges, and economic dependence on the global community.
b. Diversity Ambassador Program - Through a spring break trip, educate CPP students about the significance of African/American contribution to US History by experiencing firsthand the underground railroad and civil rights movement in the south.